Chicken leg quarters
200 grams chanterelle mushrooms
1 yellow onion, diced
1 clove of garlic, minced
4 shallots, sliced
1 bay leaf
2 sprigs thyme
1-1/2 teaspoons fresh sage, finely minced
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons heavy cream
handful of parmesan
¼ cup white wine
2 cups chicken broth
1/3 cup sherry
1 small rustic loaf of bread, to serve
10 ounces linguine fini tagliatelle (or similar flat pasta, like fettuccine)
8 oz Short shaped pasta such as gemilli, fusilli or penne
3 tablespoons Flour
1) Prep all of your ingredients. Mince garlic, thinly slice onlions, clean herbs, mince parsley and grate parmesean. Rehydrate mushrooms if necessary.
2) Season chicken with salt and pepper and let it come to room temperature. This will take about 20-30 minutes.
3) Heat pan on medium to high temperature. Add in salted butter and olive oil. Once hot place chicken in skin side down.
4) you do not want to cook the chicken all the way through just brown it. Once browned remove from pan.
5) Add in garlic, minced shallot and sliced onion.